Hawaiian Beef








This recipe came from @gotorecipes and it is AMAZING! 
This was so good and so easy! I will definitely be making it for a crowd, since I felt like it went a long ways, every one loved it and it came together quickly. I paired it with some veggies and coconut rice (Mel’s kitchen cafe’s coconut rice). 

Angela says you can use beef, chicken, pork tenderloin or even salmon. Cuts of beef can be flank (which is what I used!) or skirt steak, tri tip, and flap steak. 

2 cups soy sauce (I used liquid/coconut aminos) 
2 cups sugar 
3-4 teaspoons fresh minced garlic 
1 teaspoon fresh ginger, finely grated (I used the squeeze ginger) 
2 whole flank steaks 

Whisk together soy sauce, sugar, garlic, and ginger until sugar is dissolved. 
Tenderize meat if desired. 
Pour just enough marinade over meat to cover (about 1/2) and seal in a bag or covered dish for a few hours or up to 8 hours for chicken. 
Grill meat on high, basting with marinade until charred on both sides but not over done. It should still bounce back slightly when touched. 
Cover with foil for 15 minutes. Then, thinly slice. 
While meat is cooking, boil the remaining marinade on medium-low until syrupy and pour over meat to serve. 

A few notes that I did/didn’t do... 
I used flank steaks. I didn’t tenderize. I only marinated for like 45 minutes. I put the traeger on 450 and cooked it for 10 minutes on each side. I used my meater and that came out to cooking for about 20 minutes all together. I didn’t baste, oops. I covered for 3 minutes and then got too excited to eat because it smelled so good. I didn’t pour the marinade over it to serve but did pour some over my own beef on my plate. 

Took maybe 10 minutes to prep everything, 45 minutes-8 hours to marinate,  20 minutes to cook. 
Very easy and super delish! 




Comments