My absolute favorite chicken fajitas! The marinade for these is the best.
You can use the marinade for flank steak as well. Sometimes I do both chicken and beef and grill the meat. If you're going that route, leave the chicken and steak whole and reserve some of the marinade for the vegetables in a separate container. Cook the vegetables in a pan and grill the meat. Then slice and serve. Yum!
- 1/4 cup gluten-free soy sauce (can sub coconut aminos)
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (or sweetener of choice)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced into thin strips
- 1/2 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium red pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- Mix all the ingredients for the marinate together in a large ziploc bag or shallow dish. Add the sliced chicken and mix to coat it evenly. Marinate for at least 1 hour or up to 12 hours.
- Heat a large skillet with 1 tablespoon of oil. Add the chicken and all the marinate to the skillet and sautee for 3-4 minutes, bringing the sauce to a full boil.
- Add the sliced onions, peppers, and tomatoes and cook until they are just tender.
- Serve on corn tortillas with your favorite toppings. My favorite toppings are avocado, feta cheese (or queso fresco), and salsa. Enjoy!