Laundry Detergent- HE or top loader


1 (4 lb 12 oz) box of Borax
1 (3 lb 7 oz) box of arm and hammer super washing soda
1 (3 lb- or larger) box of Oxi clean
2 (14.1 oz) bars of white zote soap (the pink stinks!) 
    (Fels Naptha can work also, but i haven't personally used it. They have the white zote soap available    
    in flakes for those of us who are lazier)
1 (4 lb) box of arm and hammer baking soda
1-2 (55 oz) bottles of Purex crystals (I used 2 bottles of the Downy unstoppables because i liked the 
   smell better)

Grate soap and mix all ingredients, layering to help ease of mixing. I actually put mine in my vitamix (in very small batches- like a few cups at a time) to really grind it and mix easily. Use 1-2 Tbsp per load. I use 2 every time. I have been happy with it so far!
*Update: I would use more than 2 bottles of the downy unstoppables- maybe even 4

Comments