Honey Mustard Chicken


This dish is very easy to throw together, and very tasty! Dont be afraid, the flavors are not overpowering at all. I served this with garlic mashed potatoes, and peas. This would also be very good served over rice.  I think it is best if you tenderize with a meat mallet first. You do not want the chicken breasts too thick or the flavor wont absorb as good. 


INGREDIENTS:
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thawed and tenderized slightly (if they are overly thick, slice them in half)
1/3 cup butter, melted
1/3 cup honey
2 Tablespoons mustard (I used the basic yellow mustard since my husband is not a fan of Dijon mustard, but I bet it would be tasty with either)
1/4 teaspoon salt
DIRECTIONS:
Pre-heat oven to 350. Place chicken in shallow baking pan. In a small bowl, combine butter, honey, mustard and salt and whisk well. Pour over chicken. Bake for 45 minutes to an hour, basting every 15 minutes. 

Comments